Registration and Testing Requirements
- Must be 18 years old and not enrolled in public school.
- GED $50 and the book is $25
- ESOL class fee is $100
- GED Online Testing Fee is $120 for all 4 subjects
General Educational Development, also known as GED
A GED certificate is equivalent to a high school diploma. Adults who want to earn a GED undergo an assessment, participate in preparation classes, then take tests in reasoning through language arts, social studies, science and mathematics. Fourteen teachers, day and night classes at five sites and access to computer labs help adults achieve their GED. Preparation classes cost $50, and books are $25. GED students whose children are in Head Start may qualify for free tuition.
The GED® test on computer is here!
Register from the comfort of home, any day, at any time. Chesterfield County Public Schools now offers the GED® test on computer, a brand new way to take the test and earn your GED® credential. The GED® test on computer offers test-takers a better testing experience, featuring:
- The Instant Score Report – In an era of instant everything, testing should be no different. Leave the testing center knowing the score you earned on the GED® test.
- Easier User Experience – The 24/7 online registration and scheduling makes scheduling your test a breeze.
- Your Test, Your Time – Each test-taker gets to test at his/her own pace. If a test-taker finishes before the allotted time has expired, there’s no more waiting for the entire room to finish.
Have a better testing experience with the GED® test on computer. Register today and find out where you can take the GED® test on computer in Virginia. Remember: The GED® test must be taken in person, at an official GED® testing center.
English for Speakers of Other Languages, also known as ESOL
Adults learn English in a comfortable environment with friends and family as they improve their reading, writing, listening and speaking. ESOL classes cost $100.
Workforce training benefits everyone: employees, future employees, employers, families, the greater community. At the Chesterfield Technical Center, Adult Continuing Education offers workforce certification classes in building trades, cosmetology theory, dental assisting, medical assisting, medical and legal systems administration, nurse assisting, phlebotomy and heating, ventilation and air conditioning. At Bird High School in partnership with Associated Builders and Contractors, apprenticeship classes are offered in heating, ventilation and air conditioning, electricity and plumbing.