Yax Yoga Concepts’ 500-hour Teacher Training is designed to deepen the understanding of the transformative process of yoga. The 200-hour Teacher Training is designed to take yoga students and turn them into skillful teachers. The 500-hour Teacher Training lays out the path for teachers to become powerful healers, to transform their classes into works of art. We must be willing to live in accordance with the principles of yoga if we desire to teach it in the most authentic and healing sense. Understanding and applying these principles, we develop the skills to step into our classes, and our lives, with open hearts and clear minds. How we teach becomes a representation of who we are, how we live, and the love within us.
Class Composition and Teaching Tools
- Learn detailed alignment for Level 2 poses
- Dynamic Sequencing – learn the art of sequencing multi-level classes
- Understand Advanced Assisting – Hands-on and Verbal
- Learn how to create and lead Workshops
Anatomy and Movement Principles
- Learn how to organize the body to allow safety in deepest expressions
- Learn the practical neuroscience of mindfulness and awakening
- Explore the importance in anatomical positioning of the body’s energy centers
Philosophy and Psychology
- Learn Universal Laws – understanding how the universe operates is the key to freedom
- Understand the Chakras and how they effect our lives on a practical level
- Learn how to sculpt your brain, to change your mind, to change your life
- How to prevent and cure illness and disease
- Learn natures most potent medicines
- Discover how belief systems pattern our relationship to health
- Buddha’s Brain- Rick Hanson
- Anatomy of the Spirit- Caroline Myss PH.D.
- Autobiography of a Yogi- Paramahansa Yogananda
- Bhagavad Gita Translation- Stephen Mitchell
Advanced Teacher Training – 500hr Level Information
Intensive Model in Virginia Beach, VA
300 Hour Teacher Training (500 Hour Certification)
300 Hour Teacher Training includes all of the following dates:
- May 26-28, 2017 (weekend)
- June 16-25, 2017 (ten day)
- July 14-23, 2017 (ten day)
- August 11-13, 2017 (weekend)
- Two Weekend Sessions:
- Friday – Sunday 9 am-8 pm
- Two 10-Day Sessions:
- Friday 5 pm – 8 pm
- Saturday, Sunday, Monday-Sunday 9 am-8 pm
- $3999 (Early-Bird/Paid in full by April 15)
- $4250 (Paid in full by May 26)
- $4400 (Finance option)
Are books and materials included in the price of the training?
Your training manual is included. All other books need to be purchased separately. We suggest Amazon.com.
How many students are enrolled in each teacher training? What is the average age?
We average 15 to 30 people per training. Two E-RYT 500 teachers teach every session, and every student receives personal attention. The average age of participants ranges from 25 – 50.
What if I miss a weekend?
If a weekend is missed, make up work will be assigned. If more than two weekends are missed, it may affect the student’s ability to have enough contact hours to graduate.
Do you offer scholarships or work-exchange programs?
We do not have the ability to do work-exchange programs as we are not connected to any studio. Scholarships are granted on a case-by-case basis.
How much time should I expect to spend on homework?
Homework consists of reading certain chapters of the books, practicing asana, meditating, and practicing teaching. The amount of time it takes will vary, however it is manageable within one’s daily schedule. If you miss a session, then there will be more laborious writing assignments to help you catch up on missed information.
Do you help organize accommodations?
We can give recommendations and have worked out discounts at certain hotels. Most people connect with other students and work out unique accommodations.
Will I be qualified to teach yoga once I have completed the 200-hour teacher-training program?
Yes, Yax Yoga Concepts is a Registered Yoga School (RYS). After completing the training you may register with Yoga Alliance and be certified to teach anywhere in the world.
What if I want to teach at Hot House Yoga?
Hot House Yoga studios are Yax Yoga Concepts certified, and only hire teachers who have graduated from Yax Yoga Concepts teacher training programs. If you would like to teach at Hot House Yoga, contact the manager at the specific studio in which you’re looking to teach.
How is Yax Yoga Concepts training different from other teacher training programs?
Two high level E-RYT 500 teachers teach every session. We utilize attribute-training drills that prepare you to teach classes to students of all levels. Not only are students able to teach skillfully immediately after completing the training, but they learn wisdom teachings that create deep peace and happiness in their lives.
Why should I choose Yax Yoga Concepts?
Yax Yoga Concepts trainings are the most in-depth and complete trainings. They are the perfect balance of science and spirit.
How proficient in yoga do you have to be to do the program?
We ask that you have had a consistent practice for at least six months.
Who is the training for?
Our trainings are for anyone who wants to learn how to skillfully teach the science of yoga and/or anyone looking to transform their life through the practice of grounded wisdom teachings.
What will I learn?