Mindful Yoga Therapy programs are clinically tested and empirically informed. Mindful Yoga Therapy (MYT) is the product of Suzanne Manafort, a yoga teacher with decades of experience, looking for a way to give back to society. She volunteered to work with veterans at her local Veterans Administration Hospital.
Working as part of the Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Residential Rehabilitation Program (PRRP) with veterans experiencing the most extreme symptoms for a few years, Suzanne recognized the benefits of her efforts and the need for more teachers.
She started with programs to train experienced teachers to help teach veterans and others who have faced severe trauma. With the help of Robin Gilmartin, an experienced psychoanalyst at the West Haven VA and the faculty and staff of the MYT Team, Suzanne developed Breathe In, Breathe Out, a meditation practice to help veterans while at the VA or at home. Suzanne and Robin also developed the MYT Practice Guide which has been distributed free to over 18, 000 veterans.
Please feel free to download our white paper for more details, and contact us if you have questions.
Sharing Mindful Yoga Therapy
We share Mindful Yoga Therapy by:
- developing personalized programs for the individual needs of the veteran
- offering discounts and scholarships to veterans and their families for classes and programs in affiliate studios
- teaching Mindful Yoga Therapy in therapeutic treatment settings
- teaching Mindful Yoga Therapy at Veterans Centers at Universities
- training yoga teachers and yoga therapists to use this program and to bring it into treatment centers