Fall Teacher Training is underway! Stay tuned for Summer 2017 Dates
You can learn to teach yoga at our Alexandria yoga studio from experienced, professional instructors. The Refresh 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training Program is designed to help you deepen your understanding of yoga, develop your personal practice and cultivate the skills needed to teach the gift of yoga to others. Led by Refresh’s talented and Yoga Alliance registered teachers, you will explore all aspects of yoga including the social and cultural implications of East meeting West through class discussion, lecture, and take home assignments.
The coursework for our yoga instructor training will be both interactive and seminar-based. You will work with other trainees to hone your teaching skills, and you will be provided with feedback from our skilled instructors along the way. The Refresh yoga teacher training curriculum covers the fundamentals of yoga philosophy, teaching methods with a focus on alignment and Vinyasa sequencing, the art of adjustments, yoga anatomy, meditation and breathing, and the lifestyle and discipline of a yogi.
This yoga instructor course is not intended for beginner practitioners. Students should be in general good health and be prepared to engage in a physical practice each session. We encourage you to have had at least one year of regular yoga practice before enrolling in this program to learn to teach yoga. All trainees must be at least 18 years old.
180 Classroom Hours and Practicum
20 Hours of Take-Home Assignments
- Early Bird (register prior to TBD): $2800: $500 deposit with the application, final payment by check or money order due class start date.”
- Register after TBD: $3000; $500 deposit with application, full payment by check or money order due TBD
- Orientation Evening & Course Workbook/Manual
- 6 Full Weekend Intensives
- Free yoga classes at Refresh for the duration of Course
- Certificate of Completion of 200 hours with satisfactory completion of course requirements
- Eligibility to become a 200 hour Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT200) in the Yoga Alliance’s National Yoga Teacher Registry
Trainees are expected to attend all sessions, but we understand that situations arise which may require you to miss classes. There are make-up days built into the schedule at the at the end of the course to make-up the required material you missed.
If you need more hours to cover your absences, it is your responsibility to coordinate for make-up training to receive your 200-hour certificate. Two options are:
- You may take a condensed private class with your YTT leader at Refresh for a fee, which you might be able to split among other students who may have missed the same class.
- You may attend the same classes at Refresh during the following YTT course for free.
- If you cancel up to two weeks prior to the start date, your deposit will be refunded, less a $100 processing charge.
- If you cancel less than two weeks of the start date your deposit will be non-refundable.
- If you start the course but are unable to finish, your fees can be applied to the next YTT course at Refresh, but your tuition will not be refunded.
REQUIRED TEXTS (NOT INCLUDED IN TUITION)
- Teaching Yoga: Essential Foundations and Techniques, by Mark Stephens
- The Key Muscles of Yoga: Scientific Keys, Volume I, by Ray Long
- Yoga Adjustments: Philosophy, Principles, and Techniques, by Mark Stephens
- The Anatomy Coloring Book 4th Edition, by Wynn Kapit and Lawrence M. Elson
- The Heart of Yoga, by T.V.K. Desikachar
- Light on Yoga, by B.K.S. Iyengar
- Yoga Anatomy, by Leslie Kaminoff and Amy Matthews
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
- Goddess Pose, by Michelle Goldberg