Friday: 6:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
Saturday: 10:30 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Sunday: 10:30 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
May 5-7, 2017September 30-October 1, 2017REGISTER NOW!
1st Five Sign-Ups SAVE $500!
(discounted tuition not eligible for payment plans)
6 month – $491.67/month + $25 admin fee
ALREADY REGISTERED?PURCHASE TRAINING NOW! PURCHASE Supplies
BUY YOUR SUPPLIES NOW & SAVE 15%!
ABOUT BURN ATHLETIC
BURN Athletic is the ultimate fitness destination for the ongoing maintenance, improvement and connection of your mind & body. It is our goal to provide you with a convenient location, an outstanding schedule, and luxurious and clean accommodations.
Our accommodations include:
Full Amenities/Showers & Lockers
Intentional Accent and Natural Lighting
Inviting Lobby and Lounge Spaces
Clean and Open Space
State of the Art Equipment
Jess Bichler, ERYT500
Yoga School Manager, Jessica Bichler has a rich yogic history, steeped in a variety of trainings and lineages, bringing a wealth of knowledge to her classes, workshops and teacher trainings. Jess came to yoga in her teens, recognizing it as a path towards staying active and healthy throughout every stage of life and began teaching in 2001. Jess has had the opportunity to study myriad yoga styles, particularly the prominent lines of Iyengar, Ashtanga and Anusara – each complimenting her attention to alignment and core engagement gained as a gymnast – as well as therapeutic and kids yoga. Her formal education and certifications were earned at the Morningside School of Yoga in upstate New York, Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health in Massachusetts, and most recently 200 and 500 hour certifications from the Wilmington Yoga Center. Jess holds a MA in Visual and Cultural Anthropology. Her influential teachers include Michael Smith, Stacey Millner-Collins, Cheryl Crawford, Kristin Cooper and Noelle Cavenaugh. Jessica loves developing a wide variety of classes including everything from gentle and chair yoga, to kids yoga, to advanced practices focusing on arm balances and inversions. Her goal is to lovingly support students down the path of living a yogic lifestyle in all aspects.
Keegan White, ERYT500
Keegan White is on faculty for the Kunga Yoga School. She is a graduate of the 200 and 500 hour Kunga Yoga School and holds a B.A. in Dance from UNC-Charlotte. Keegan has been mentored extensively by Kristin Cooper through the mentorship program at WYC and most recently had the opportunity to complete a 300 hour training with Chris and John Yax of Yax Yoga Concepts of Virginia Beach. She is the former Director of Hot Asana Yoga Studio in Durham, NC. She is a certified Kunga Power Vinyasa and Kunga 5Elements Flow teacher and has traveled with Kunga Journeys as a Kunga ambassador for volunteer work at the Home of Hope Orphanage in Kerala, India. After 20 years of competitive dance, she found yoga to be the antidote to begin to heal her body and bring about awareness to change thought patterns. The physical strength, self-awareness and inner peace she’s gained from a consistent yoga practice are what naturally led her to want to help others access the same qualities in themselves. She loves sharing the journey of yoga with others and serenading students with her harmonium and voice in savasana; her light-hearted spirit brings a fun and nurturing environment to her classes.
North Carolina’s Premier Yoga Alliance Certified Yoga Teacher Training Program for 200hr + 300hr Certification
Kunga Yoga Teacher Training offers many benefits, including:
• A leading reputation as one of the largest schools for yoga in the Southeast.
• Expert Faculty with decades of experience
• Experiential curriculum and teaching methodology focused on accessing inner wisdom
• Yoga inspired lifestyle immersion within a holistic health centered commons
• Support for graduates including assisting opportunities, discounted advanced studies tuition, and internship/mentor programs.
ABOUT THE 200-HOUR KUNGA YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
The primary umbrella for Kunga Yoga is Hatha yoga physical practices, with an emphasis on Vinyasa and specialty classes. Instruction is provided in a “big picture” format of Hatha yoga, with a “smaller picture” introduction into the practice of athletic classes such as Vinyasa Flow, Power Flow, and Detox practices, as well as meditation senior yoga, prenatal, kids, therapeutic restorative and more. Yogic lifestyle, professional ethics, vegan living, anatomy and physiology, assisting and pranayama are covered in detail. For more specialized, in-depth study of these topics, you may continue your advanced studies with our Kunga Yoga 300 Hour Certification Program.
We have consistently evolved, improved and refined each of our yoga instructor training programs, with over one thousand participants in our 200 & 300 hour programs since 2003. As a unique, open- style training program, we’ve committed our programs to the “Kunga” vision-offering yoga as service to our local and global communities, learning by teaching and getting our hands dirty!
- Principles of Classic Yoga Asanas Alignment Theory
- Posture – Specific Alignment & benefits
- Biomechanical Press-points
- Adapting postures to the individual
- Usage of props
- Hatha & Vinyasa Practices Overview
- Synthesis & Orthodox Practices: Ashtanga, Kundalini, Kripalu, Therapeutics, Prenatal, & More..
- Krishnamacharya’s Theory of Krama /Sequencing
Eastern & Western Anatomy
- Introductory Anatomy as applied to Asana
- Multi-Media Presentations of Anatomy of Postures
- The Physiology of Asana, Breath & Meditation
- Injury Prevention – “Red Flag” warnings
- Advanced Relaxation Techniques
- Prana & the Vayus
- Chakras & Nadis
- The Five Koshas
- Ayurveda Introduction, Doshas
- Mudras, chanting
- Adapting the practice to your lifestyle, needs, body
Philosophy, Ethics & Lifestyle
- History of Yoga – Classical & Modern; Evolution of Yoga
- Fundamentals of the Yoga Sutras & 8 Limbed Path
- Important teachers and their contributions
- Major modern schools and their approaches
- The Art of Living Yoga – off the mat
- Vegan Lifestyle & Diet with Cooking tips
- Living “Green”
- Teacher/Student Ethics
- Kunga Yoga Volunteering for Special Needs in Communities
- Bhakti Yoga –Kirtan, chanting & drumming