The Group Exercise & Martial Arts classes offered at YMCA Anthony Bowen support the YMCA’s mission of building and strengthening community through a wide variety of offerings that are designed to meet the interests of our diverse membership.
Each hour, the Group Exercise studio is transformed to deliver a unique, motivating and inclusive experience for all. Whether your healthy lifestyle is just getting started or you are an avid fitness enthusiast; whether you want to strengthen your mind, body, heart, spirit, self… or all of the above: you’ll find classes and program options that will meet you right where you are and will help you get where you want to be. The Y’s talented instructors are ready to serve you AND your fellow community members who share similar interests.
In support of the YMCA of Metropolitan Washington’s mission, the Group Exercise and Martial Arts instructors are vigilant in upholding the Y’s core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility. As a team, we ensure responsible stewardship of YMCA assets in service to members. This involves, but is not limited to:
- starting and ending classes on time
- keeping the studios clean and equipment in good working order
- securing timely class subs when needed
- supporting the continued development of class instructors
- tracking class participation and listening to member feedback to support making member-centered scheduling decisions for the entire branch membership
- introducing new class formats that will enhance the member experience and diversify the Y’s service options
- Popular cardio class options typically featured include Zumba, Kickboxing, Cycle, Les Mills BodyPump, Les Mills BodyCombat, and more.
- Restorative Yoga, Sunrise/Sundown Yoga (on the rooftop terrace), Vinyasa Yoga and Barre.
- Strength & Conditioning class options include Les Mills Grit Series, Y-FIT, TRX, Power Yoga, and Pilates Mat.
- Senior class options include Fit & Well, Senior Strength, Zumba Gold and Senior Dance.
- New to Group Exercise? You will find beginner class options such as Yoga Basics, Intro to Zumba, Beginner Kickboxing and Intro to Cycle.