My Perfect Day in Virginia
My perfect day in Virginia would be awakening early for meditation and prayer, then a double Nespresso club mocha with whip and off to a 3-mile run with my boyfriend. Afterwards, I would have a Mickey waffle brunch with my three beautiful children. Then, I would find a secluded spot to write for a few hours and for lunch, an Indian buffet. Late afternoon must include time for meditation and yoga, my 4 pm tea or coffee and chocolate (preferably) and some reading or play with the kids. My favorite evenings are when my honey barbecues for me and we take an evening walk. Nights are always wrapped up with story time.
Quirky and Random Trivia about Michelle
- When I was a kid, I used to practice my autograph because I wanted to be an actress and a writer.
- I think I’m truly the definition of a renaissance woman. I have studied and majored in: communications, broadcast journalism, psychology, theatre and dance, French, German, Spanish, International & French law, education and Ayurveda.
- I was third runner up in the Miss Clawson pageant when I was 16.
- My favorite authors growing up were Judy Blume and Danielle Steele.
- I’ve hitchhiked and backpacked through Europe but no, I am not a hippie.
- I’ve gone to the Vatican for Christmas midnight mass in Rome.
- Je parle français comme une Française. Hablo español como una turista. Ich spreche Deutsche wie eine Studentin.
- I’ve written a young adult novel called ‘Forbidden Fruit’ and a children’s novel called ‘The Painted Scarf’ and tried to get them published for over a year.
- My first yoga teacher was also my high school religion teacher in 10th grade and follow this, her yoga class was introduced to me by the high school art teacher whom I was dating. Both of these people had a massive influence on the yogic lifestyle I’m living today. If it weren’t for Lee Ann Louis-Prescott and Chris Kelly, I might be in a different line of work.
- I interned at CNN and Fox 5 News in DC in 2001.
- When I turn 100, I want to go to Japan and do a yoga headstand on the beach like the cover of a National Geographic Magazine I have on aging.
- My favorite place on earth: Aix-en-Provence, France. My second favorite place on earth: Carlsbad, CA.
- I am a Disney freak and I guess geek too but will not wear a Disney shirt in public except in Disney World.
- I love people, all kinds of people, all cultures, religions and backgrounds. People fascinate me and I have a desire to learn and observe. When I travel, one of my favorite things to do is to sit in the local café and observe the locals around me. You can learn so much about people in observation.
- Salsa dancing is addictive to me as drugs are to an addict. I love it!
- My dream is to compete in Dancing with the Stars!
- My dream is to be on Oprah’s Life Class with my book.
- My philosophy in life has always been, “Life is not a spectator sport. Go out there and do it!”
- “No, seriously go out there and do it. Embrace every moment of every day of your life.”