Position Type: Hourly Wage
Department: Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost
The Contemplative Sciences Center at the University of Virginia is currently seeking a Yoga Program Instructor to provide instruction for its Yoga Program. This includes program development, but mainly involves teaching content. The incumbent will communicate skills and knowledge to participants with appropriate skill progressions; teaching classes according to the guidelines and standards in the field of yoga learning; and designing programming and writing lesson plans related to yoga instruction.
This position is restricted as it is funded from non-continuous sources. Continuation of employment is contingent upon available funding.
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated capacity to teach yoga, mindfulness and other contemplative practices to teens and adults
- Ability to coordinate and schedule activities and/or facility use
- Ability to analyze data and evaluate program effectiveness
- Attention to detail
- Ability to communicate professionally orally and in writing
- Ability to cultivate professional relationships